What happens between the loan objection deadline and closing?
There are parts of the transaction where you as the Buyer may feel like there is a lot of movement. With me as your agent, you shouldn’t feel stressed during these times. I will get you ready for your real estate closing. Before we arrive at the title company to perform the closing, you will need to compile some additional documentation and get ready to sign a lot of documents (if you are securing the home purchase with a loan).
Here is an easy list of what you will need to have on hand for closing:
- You will need to know your Social Security number (or Tax Identification Number) to complete IRS documents at the closing table. If you do not have it memorized, please bring additional paperwork.
- You will need your driver’s license, a Colorado identification card, or passport. Whichever form you decide to bring make sure it is current (NOT expired).
- If there has been a change of marital status, let the closer know before you get to the closing table. You will need to provide a marriage license or divorce decree.
- As stated in an earlier blog,
- You will need to know how you are transferring money to the Title Company (either wire transfer or cashier’s check). If you would like to wire the funds to the title company, please call me. I can help you avoid the scammers that are trying to steal your money.
Whether you are a first-time home Buyer or a seasoned Buyer being prepared for closing can lower your stress level.